Frequently asked questions
- Q: I can't download the files.
- A: An Order Confirmation will be sent to your email address, please follow the link
provided to get to your download.
- Q: I don't get any emails after registering my account.
- A: Please check your spam folder, and if there's no email from us in your spam folder,
please check with your mail administrator to see if mocapdata.com is blocked.
- Q: The site mentions that there are more than 4000 free motions, but I don't see 4000.
Where are they?
- A: The 4000 refers to the total number of data; there are multiple actors for each type
of motion, please check the dropdown box for more options.
- Q: Why am I receiving newsletters from mocapdata.com?
- A: Users who have downloaded motion capture data from us/registered an account with
mocapdata.com will be automatically sent the newsletters if the "I agree to receive
updates on new motions and etc. from mocapdata.com" option is checked.
- Q: How can I unsubscribe from mocapdata.com's newsletters?
- A: Login to your account, and under Account service, select Newsletter
settings and uncheck the option to receive. Or, you can change your settings here.
If there is no other option or if you would like to remove your
account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: Do you provide marker sets for MotionBuilder Actor?
- A: No, please contact us at email@example.com to purchase.
- Q: Why are your data so expensive when there are free mocap data elsewhere?
- A: Please check our large collection of free data too. mocapdata.com's motions
are shot using 12 Vicon MX40 cameras (see Spec page for more details), and are
state-of-the-art quality used in production studios and by professionals.
Optitrack and video motion capture are definitely cheaper, but we do not
compromise quality for the sake of lowering prices, so rest assured that you
are getting the highest quality when you purchase from mocapdata.com.
- Q: I want to have your motion capture data files in another format other
than the ones already provided.
- A: We provide conversion services to the following formats: .fbx, .bvh.
for a price of $200 per file. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: It is possible to download all of your free motion files as a single pack?
A: Yes and no. You will have to comply with the following criteria:
If we decide that you are eligible for receiving this special service, we will offer all
our free motion files (of around 16GB) in two DVDs, which we will send via airmail/EMS.
You will be required to pay $200 for the above service.
- Use only for academic/research purposes.
- Email email@example.com with a brief summary of intended use of motion capture data.
- Credit mocapdata.com accordingly as per the creative commons license.
- Q: I can't buy the premium data, why?
- A: Hotmail, Msn, Yahoo, Live or any other free email accounts are restricted from purchasing or downloading
the premium data. We recommend users to register a new account with a paid email domain.
Otherwise, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details about your desired motion
data so that we can arrange for a sale personally.